Hey stylish girl boss! Chances are that if you are a fashion blogger, then one of your goals is to attend NYFW (New York Fashion Week). The next NYFW is this September and Taylor Aube, who has been to both Paris AND NY fashion week, has partnered with Style Collective to share her INSIDER tips & tricks for attending NYFW as a blogger! This FREE resource guide is available for SC Members inside the member dashboard (join here). If you aren’t sure why you need to attend NYFW, Taylor has listed 5 reasons WHY this will be a game changer for your blogging career.
1. If you love anything with your entire heart, you will go to a convention for it. Comic book fanatics go to Comic-Con, tech lovers dream of CES, fitness buffs go to the Arnold Classic (yes, that’s a real thing! LOL) and us fashion girls? We go to NYFW!!
2. It will take your brand to the next level – having NYFW experience is a playing card to use with brands in your pitches. It adds leverage to your brand and shows that you are a serious influencer in the industry!
3. The experience is once in a lifetime– even if you go once, GO! If you don’t get invites to any shows then wait outside, stalk the street style stars, editors, models and just cover street style on your website. Start somewhere! Did you know I got my start at NYFW/PFW documenting model street style? You get a glimpse of the industry and a feel for how fashion week works. Then next season you can pitch to brands that you have experience covering NYFW!
4. Networking– self-explanatory!
5. Being seen and getting your name out there. Even if you’re standing outside of a show – media is everywhere. That picture of me in the pink dress in the Tuileries in Paris was taken by a photographer for Vogue UK. She said, “Enjoy the show!” and I went on to stand in the corner with my friends just observing everything happening. I wasn’t invited to any shows but I was photographed on many different media outlets!
If you’ve been thinking about attending NYFW, now is the time to start finding schedules, contacts and sending your pitch. Taylor shares all of these details in a step by step resource guide exclusive for SC Members (go to Member Dashboard and scroll down to “education”). Not a member? Join here! Let’s chat in comments: will you be attending NYFW?
Member Testimonial: I absolutely love love looooove my Instagram Comment Pod! The girls and I have grown so close to one another and I am so glad that I now have many new treasured friendships. Thank you, SC, for being the best thing that has happened to me! <3 Abby xx